Guests attending: Ross
Start time: 7:31 PM
End time: 8:40 PM
Number of members present: 23
Getting Better With Age! – This year, we are celebrating RedStick Brewmasters’ 30th Anniversary. To commemorate the occasion, we are celebrating the entire year in style with BIG beers for our monthly styles as well as with anniversary t-shirts, glasses and other goodies. So stay tuned!
HOMEBREW INCENTIVES - Stay tuned for details on our next competitions!
RedStick Brewmasters Are Officially Back-2-Back State Champions!
Congratulations to RedStick Brewmasters and to all of those who participated this year! Let’s go for a 3-Peat!!!
- RSB Oktoberfest: Sunday, Oct 1, at 2 pm at Charlie M.’s house. Check your email for the event flyer with map. There will be food provided. Members are encouraged to bring German/Oktoberfest style homebrews. Price is $5 for members, $10 general admission with RSVP, $13 general admission at the door.
- Brew At The Zoo: Friday, Oct 6 from 6pm to 9pm; Bruce B. is coordinating. Stay tuned for further details concerning meet-up time and set-up information.
- Roberts Cove Germanfest and Homebrew Competition: Oct 7-8 in Roberts Cove, LA; Click HERE for more info.
- Bayou Beer Fest: Saturday, Nov 11 from 11-4 in Houma, LA; proceeds to benefit Houma area Veterans organizations
- Cap City Beerfest: Sunday, Nov 12th from 12-4 in downtown Baton Rouge; proceeds benefit the Companion Animal Alliance
MONTHLY BEER STYLE - Strong British Beers
Homebrews presented: 4
Daniel H. - British Strong Ale
Keith P. x 2 Old Ale, English Barleywine
Bryan F. Wee Heavy
Commercial brews presented: 2
Samuel Smith’s - Winter Welcome Ale
Bellhaven Brewery - 90/~ Wee Heavy
Bonus brews presented: 4
Big Hoppa IPA – Aldo
Ghost In The Machine – Phillip
Mercenary – Todd
Hop Stoopid – Keith
2017 Club Styles
January – Ciders
February – Smoked Beers
March – Irish Beers
April – Strong European Beers
May – Strong Belgian Beers
June – Gose
July – Malt Liquor
August – DIPA
September – Strong British Beers
October – Alt Beers
November – Spice, Herb or Vegetable Beers
December – Winter Warmers