Guests attending: Don, Paul, Gene, Joe
Start time: 7:35 PM
End time: 8:41 PM
Number of members present: 31
RedStick Brewmasters Pull A THREE-PEAT!
Congratulations to RedStick Brewmasters and to all of those who participated this year! Let’s keep going strong!!! Congratulations to Bruce B. for winning Homebrewer of the Year with 27 points!
– 2018 Bataille des Bieres: RedStick Brewmasters DOMINATE!
Daniel H. – Gold, American Amber & Bronze BEST OF SHOW
Silver, Ordinary Bitter
Jeff O. – Silver, California Common
Charlie M. – Silver, Belgian Pale Ale
Jeremy W. – Silver, Saison
Jordan A. – Bronze, Witbier
Bruce B. – Bronze, American Amber
Bryan F. – Bronze, Strong Bitter
Beer Judge Training To Continue!
The next beer in the BJTP series is Great Raft’s Reasonably Corrupt (Category 8B – Schwarzbier). After the meeting, be sure to fill out your score sheet and return to Keith P.
Off-Flavor kit is here! The first session will be Sunday, April 29th at LA Homebrew. Email to follow.
– 2018 Spring Bottle Share: Saturday, Mar. 3rd at the Duffy’s. Imbibing to begin at 5pm. Admission is 1 bomber or 2 singles per person. Coordinate with Ken if you are bringing food. Uber or Lyft if you must.
– 2018 Zapp’s International Beerfest: Saturday, Apr. 14th; LSU Rural Life Museum. Sign up
– 2018 RSB Brew Off: Sunday, Apr 22nd; Styles are American Pale Ale and Open/Brewer’s Choice; More to follow.
– Off Flavor Tasting Class: Sunday, Apr 29th; LA Homebrew
MONTHLY BEER STYLE – Irish Beers
Homebrews presented: 4
Jeremy W. – Irish Red
Keith P. – Irish Stout
Gerald B. – Irish Export Stout
Keith P. – Dubbel with Molasses
Commercial brews presented: 2
Smithwick’s – Premium Irish Ale
O’Hara’s – Irish Stout
Guinness – Extra Stout
Bonus brews presented: 1
Guinness – Export Stout
2018 Club Styles
January – American Amber
February – Alternative Sugar Beers
March – Irish Beers
April – Kolsch
May – American Pale Ale
June – Berliner Weisse
July – American Lager
August – Clone Beers (Bell’s Two Hearted IPA)
September – Biere de Garde
October – Schwarzbier
November – American Barleywine
December – Wood Beers
2019 Club Styles
June – Flander’s Red